2/3/13

12



And now, the end. I’ll be burning these letters shortly- I can’t leave some of the things which I haven’t typed lying around- and then I’ll be on my way. Here’s the last letter in this modest stack. It’s rather funny- its author is Nathaniel- and it goes as follows:

If all goes according to plan- and this other universe contains a version of myself with a good sense of humor- this message will reach a number of Runners. Of course, my other self will have been employed by the same forces which drive me- probably after working for various others. At the end of this, he’ll be free to go and return to his work for his master, whichever one he’s chosen. I’m afraid I don’t have the same luxury.



The point of these things was never to provide advice, of course- anyone can see how contradictory and strange these letters probably appear. They’re useless, in the end. Heed their warnings or don’t- it doesn’t really matter. This was all just a chance to open up a rift, to say hello, and to let your imagination bring it upon yourselves.



Even if you can’t name it and don’t want to try, you can feel it now. From now on, my master will be in your thoughts. Which means the end- or is it?- is already coming.

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment